Sometimes, you may decide to use an image on your web page without a background color. That is often known as a transparent background.
However, if you don’t have an image with a transparent background, it’s pretty easy to create one using the various image editing applications available.
Reasons for having a transparent background
Different photographers have their unique styles of photography, and it’s gets depicted in branding, and this includes the logo as well. There are some reasons why you might consider a transparent background. If the background color of your logo is diverting the attention away from your images, you can make it transparent.
If the logo’s background color is clashing with your website, it’s easier to make your logo transparent than redesigning your business website. Lastly, when you have a particular campaign that demands additional elements like a landing web page, where you should eliminate your logo’s background, then a transparent background will be the best option.
It’s worth mentioning that it’s not possible to make a JPEG background transparent. You should utilize a format that enables transparency such as PNG or GIF. PNG allows you to create images with hundreds of colors just like JPEG, but it also provides the ability to maintain transparency.
How do I make a logo with a transparent background in Photoshop?
Open your logo
The initial step is to open your logo in Adobe Photoshop. To accomplish this, follow this step:
• Click “File” and then choose “Open” on the menu
• Select your logo file. The logo will then appear on your screen for you to make the adjustments you want.
Include a transparent layer
After opening the logo, the next thing is to add a transparent layer to your logo. You should follow these simple steps to add the layer:
• Click “Layer,” then move the cursor over “New” and then select “Layer” on the menu. If you are using a PC, you can press “Control + N” on your keyboard and “Command + N” for Mac.
• Rename the layer depending on your naming standards for images in Adobe Photoshop.
• Drag your new layer below your original version layer. That means the original layer will overlay your new blank layer.
• Choose the new layer for you to continue.
Make the logo’s background transparent
Once you include the new layer, make your background transparent by following these steps:
• From the toolbar click “Magic Wand” tool
• Select the area of your logo that you want to make transparent and highlight it.
• Select “Magic Wand” settings. Pick the parameters that will enable you to accomplish the objective for your logo.
• On your keyboard, click the “Delete “key. The region you highlighted will get removed, and your transparent background will be visible.
Save the logo in PNG format
Now that you have made your background transparent, you should save your image in PNG format, following these simple steps:
• Press “Control + D” for PCs or “Command + D” for Mac to deselect your logo
• Click “File” on your menu and then select “Save As.”
• Select “PNG” as the file format.
• Click on “Save to confirm the changes. F
Once you know how to make your logos transparent using photoshop, you can work quickly in your business workflows. Moreover, you can easily avoid some of the nightmares most photographers face if they are not comfortable with the editing software.
Have this article helped you? And are you considering creating transparent backgrounds for your photos to match your website? Subscribe to our informative blog or YouTube channel for more information.